Why do some people suffer from real adversity & setbacks, but are able to bounce back quicker from those challenges?
In 2018, The Busy Woman Project set its intentions to raise awareness on building resilience; with a focus on overall wellbeing.
Resilient people have been theorised to possess three characteristics: a firm acceptance of reality; a deep belief that life is meaningful, and exceptional improvisation skills.
Quarterly focus themes are curated in a manner to encourage individuals to join in the self-discovery process together with the rest of the community - to look inwards to better understand self, take action, and bring this to the interactions with the collective & environment.
- AWARENESS (self)
- ACTION (little steps to discover & create positive, lasting habits)
- IMPACT (foster supportive environments for both men & women to thrive, and make a difference to other people through health & wellbeing)
1st Quarter 2018: Leading a Purposeful Life
Purpose may seem daunting to some - but all it actually means is perhaps, what is it you can do with your time that is important?
"When you’re going through hardship, something that is ultimately temporary and fleeting, can you place your focus and fire on your timeless “why” to help you get through that obstacle and continue to work towards fulfilling a meaningful vision and goal?"
Thought pieces (online content):
- HK Olympic Athlete shares about her purpose. link
- 5 tips to find your purpose - wisdom from a 20+ year board & corporate veteran. link
- What are your values? Living your purpose and making an impact first requires you to stand for something. link
- A Japanese concept: Ikigai - reason for being. link
- Viktor Frankl: Man's Search for Meaning - If you have a deep-rooted “why” behind your living, you’ll find a reason to survive, to be resilient, to be gritty. link
On-the-ground learnings (offline events):
- Actionable insights from Fireside Chat - Move & Live HK: What is Your Life's Purpose? link
- Participate in the ongoing #livingmypurpose campaign - Are you already living your purpose or are you making steps towards it? Help make a difference by planting the seed of purpose in others' lives. link
2nd Quarter 2018: Overcoming Limiting Barriers
We've been exploring purpose - finding it, living it and creating an impact with it. But many of us find ourselves stuck at the threshold of "living it", being unable to push past a certain invisible barrier, called self-limiting beliefs.
Beliefs: "an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof."
This implies that these limiting beliefs that we have, are most likely a figment of our imagination! So why do we hold on to these beliefs doggedly when they hold us back from being our best selves?
Exploring the reasons behind this psyche, we hope each of you reading this (and us too), take the opportunity to delve into ourselves and allow for an honest introspection. Do we hold beliefs that prevent us from being the person we want to be? Are our beliefs shaped by subconscious biases, ingrained in us over the years - our childhood, education, support systems?
Can we take the necessary action to step out to step up?
If we make it a practice to step out of our comfort zones and to break free of self-limiting beliefs, we develop 'exceptional improvisation skills' along the way, building up our resilience. So no matter what lemons life decides to throw at us, we keep coming back stronger and better!
Content pieces coming soon! Should you be looking to collaborate with us on online content or offline events, please drop us an email at [email protected].
The Busy Woman Project aims to provide a lifestyle solution and long-term prevention towards mental & physical illnesses associated with stress, burnout, unhappiness, loneliness - by bringing individuals together to be self-aware and well mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially. Read more about us here.